Books You Should Read: Stormbreaker

What is Stormbreaker and the Alex Rider Book Series?

Hello readers, my name is Eshaan! Today I am going to talk about a book called Stormbreaker from the amazing Alex Rider book series. What is Stormbreaker? Stormbreaker is a book that is part of the Alex Rider book series and is written by Anthony Horowitz, one of my favorite authors. The main character in all the books I’ve read so far and probably is for the whole series is Alex Rider, Alex is fourteen years old, lives with his uncle because his parents died in a plane accident, and he has a best friend and caretaker Jack Startbright.

Introduction to Stormbreaker

Alex Rider wakes up at 3:00 A.M. because he hears his doorbell ring, he gets up and sees there is a police car outside. He hears the officers talking to Jack about a car crash and that Ian Rider had died. Alex thinks about his uncle and realizes he didn’t know that much about him. After that Alex goes to his funeral and on the way back home with Jack he sees a van, from the company Stryker & Son, leave their house. he runs in side and checks his uncle’s office. Everything in there is gone. The next day he goes back to school and at the end of the day he finds out where his uncle’s wrecked car might be because that junkyard is called JB Stryker & Son. He goes there and find his uncle’s car covered in bullets. While he is there he almost gets crushed by a machine that is supposed crush up cars. After that he meats a man named John Crawley, who’s secretly a spy for MI6 and he brings Alex to the directors or just basically the top two most important people of the organization. Their names are Alan Blunt and Mrs. Jones. After he passes a form of a test they know he’ll be a good and reliable agent. They tell him the truth about his uncle and that he actually worked for MI6 and he died on his latest mission. Alex realized that they were telling the truth and that it explained why the car was covered in bullets. After that they kinda blackmail Alex into spying for them. His job is to spy on billionaire Herod Sayle to see if he is planning something bad. This is because MI6 is suspicious of Herod Sayle because he is giving every school in the UK a Stormbreaker, a brand new computer that Mr. Sayle has invented. MI6 sends Alex in as a the kid who has won some sort of competition to test out the Stormbreaker and give Mr. Sayle feedback on it. This is it for the intro and I hope you guys read Stormbreaker and the rest of the series. I also hope I made an accurate intro.

More About the Alex Rider Series

There are 14 novels, as well as six graphic novels, seven short stories, and a supplementary book. I am currently reading the novels and I’m on Ark Angel, the sixth book. If you are student at Durham Academy you can get the book from the school library or Sora, an online library, if not you get it from a local library or just buy it.

Hers’s a photo of the first book, Stormbreaker ⤵️

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/136782.Stormbreaker

I hope I’ve convinced you to read the Alex Rider book series.

Thanks for Reading!