Eshaan’s Halloween Special

Hello readers, I’m Eshaan and today I’ll be talking about the one and only holiday Halloween. So you’re probably wondering why I’m going to talk about running around in a neighborhood collecting candy from complete strangers and bragging about how much candy I got anywhere I go, by the way I got allloooooottt of candy and I mean a lot of it. of course I going to talk about that, but a few other things I’ll talk about some of the history of Halloween in the United States, what costume I wore, my favorite candies, and finally what I did on Halloween.

First up I am going to talk about some of my favorite candies, since I don’t have one favorite. I like all types of Hershey candy bars, cookies and cream is my favorite type. I like Twix, Dum Dums, Sour Patch Kids, Reese’s, Mike&Ike’s, Airheads, and finally Skittles. Some candies that I like but aren’t my favorite are Starburst, Snickers, Swedish Fish, M&M’s, KitKat, Three Musketeers, and finally Milky Ways. This normally changes if I get tired of a candy I have constantly been eating and if there is a new candy.

Now I am going to talk about what costume I wore. For Halloween I was Tengen Uzui. Now I know for a fact most of you have never heard of him. He from a show called Demon Slayer, which is about this kid named Tanjiro whose sister gets turned into a demon and since he wants to find a cure for her he has to collect blood from demons that have Muzan’s, the demon king, blood. He starts training to kill demons with a sword and gets more powerful and powerful. I know I’m forgetting some key parts in Demon Slayers introduction, but I’m here to talk about that I’m here to talk about Tengen. Tengen comes into the show in season two, also there’s only three seasons so far, so if you like short shows and anime with blood, action, powers, and more this show is for you. If you want me to make blogs in which I talk about a variety of shows then comment down below. Anyways let’s get back to Tengen. So in season two is one of the few 10 to 15 hashira, hashiras are the strongest swordsman in Demon Slayer Corp. Tengen is the Sound Hashira and is a former ninja. He is always full of energy and tries to do everything in a “flashy” way. He is sometimes arrogant and regrets his life when he was a ninja/shinobi because he had to kill some of his siblings under his father’s orders, listen I have no idea why their father would say that after raising really strong ninja and training them throughout their whole lives, also I don’t think he knew who he was fighting. He joins the Demon Slayers so he could atone for it. Here’s a photo of Tanjiro and Tengen ⤵️

Now I am going to talk about what costume I wore. For Halloween I was Tengen Uzui. Now I know for a fact most of you have never heard of him. He from a show called Demon Slayer, which is about this kid named Tanjiro whose sister gets turned into a demon and since he wants to find a cure for her he has to collect blood from demons that have Muzan’s, the demon king, blood. He starts training to kill demons with a sword and gets more powerful and powerful. I know I’m forgetting some key parts in Demon Slayers introduction, but I’m here to talk about that I’m here to talk about Tengen. Tengen comes into the show in season two, also there’s only three seasons so far, so if you like short shows and anime with blood, action, powers, and more this show is for you. If you want me to make blogs in which I talk about a variety of shows then comment down below. Anyways let’s get back to Tengen. So in season two is one of the few 10 to 15 hashira, hashiras are the strongest swordsman in Demon Slayer Corp. Tengen is the Sound Hashira and is a former ninja. He is always full of energy and tries to do everything in a “flashy” way. He is sometimes arrogant and regrets his life when he was a ninja/shinobi because he had to kill some of his siblings under his father’s orders, listen I have no idea why their father would say that after raising really strong ninja and training them throughout their whole lives, also I don’t think he knew who he was fighting. He joins the Demon Slayers so he could atone for it. Here’s a photo of Tanjiro, Tengen, and me in my  Tengen costume. ⤵️

This is Tengen
This is me in my Tengen costume.
Taken by me.
This is Tanjiro

Next I’ll be talking about what I did this Halloween. So, my family doesn’t really have Halloween traditions. The only Halloween tradition we have is me and my brother always getting dropped off at our cousins house so they always take us trick or treating and then we stay for the night. On October 30, 2023 right after school I my mom picks me up and tells me my cousin is coming to pick me up, by the way my three cousins are all in their early 20’s. The drive from my house to their house is about 25 minutes averagely, so she arrived at  about 5:00 P.M. to pick me up. We arrived at around 5:30 P.M. After that we started getting ready to go trick or treating since we wanted to leave around 6:00 P.M. We ended up leaving the house at 6:10 P.M. We spent about 1 hour and 50 minutes trick to treating. We got home at 8 and our cousins went to grab Chick-fil-A. After eating we had a candy and we finished a 40 minute short movie so at we went to sleep at 9:30 P.M.

Finally, I’m going end this blog with a little bit of Halloween history. Ancient Celts, who lived 2,000 years in Ireland, the UK, and Northern France, marked Samhain, which is now known as Halloween, in the middle of fall and winter. Around this this time, while families were gathering for the harvest they left fires to burn out in their homes. After the they finished gathering the harvest, celebrants joined Druid priests to light bonfires and pray. The Celts believed that on Samhain the barrier between the physical and spirit world was breach able. They expected ancestors to cross over during this time as well and they dressed up as animals and monsters so fairies weren’t tempted to kidnap them. They also left food and drinks out for ghost that roamed their villages and when they left their houses they always wore masks to fool the other ghosts by making them think they were fellow ghosts. Soon later it was renamed as All Saint’s Day or Old Hollow’s Eve.

In England and Ireland during All Saint’s Day and All Soul’s Day celebrations, poor people would visit the house of the wealthier families and receive baked goods in exchange for a promise to pray for the souls of their dead relatives. This was known as “souling” and this was later done by only children.

Nowadays Halloween is when families carve out jack-o-lanterns together, go out and buy candy for other trick or treaters and costumes for their kids, and taking your or other kids to trick or treat. So yeah, Halloween has changed a bunch.

Happy Halloween Readers!

Happy Halloween