My Backpack Project

Hi Everyone. Over the summer we read a book called Finding Someplace. This book was written by Denise Lewis Patrick. This book is about a girl named Reesie Boone who is is about to celebrate one of her best birthdays ever, her 13th birthday, but Hurricane Katrina hits and everything is ruined. She gets separated from her family and has to stay at her elderly neighbor’s house during Hurricane Katrina. There ends being four people in the house her, Ms. Martine the owner of the house, André, and his wife Eritrea.

Taken by me

Two weeks after we started school we had to right an essay about who we thought was the hero of the book. I chose to write about André. Here’s why.

I think André is the hero of Finding Someplace because four reasons, here’s the first reason, he is calm even in hard times, for example he didn’t freak out when he realized he was in the middle of one of the most catastrophic hurricanes ever. Two other reasons are he looked out for everyone making sure they were all fine and he also had leadership and communication skills, for example he told everyone about what was happening instead of just ditching  them. The last reason is that he needed to be brave, smart, and strong, for example he got separated from most of his family but still stayed strong, he made a plan really quickly with limited time, and HE BROKE A HOLE IN THE ROOF!

If you’re not convinced yet here.⤵️

Taken by me
Taken by me

After that our Language Arts teacher, Mrs.Williams, asked us what would you pack if you had only one backpack to put your most valued items to take like in Reesie’s situation. So we then had to create a backpack which had what we wanted to put if there was a hurricane and we had limited time and space. They were not the most accurate, but they still showed you what someone what take. Let me show you mine.

Taken and made by me

Somethings that I would have taken if I was Reesie are drinks like soda, juice, and water and snacks like cookies, chips, sandwiches, etc. and games and cards, like Exploding Kittens, Uno, Monopoly, etc.I would also take my glasses, my iPad and laptop, my headphones, family pictures, important family files, a pillow, a blanket, and finally some cash.

What would you take if you only had one backpack and a few minutes to pack?

Thanks!

1 Comment